Who can resist creamy cream cheese frosting?
There are a few tricks to cream cheese frosting:
1) Beat the butter and cream cheese until it’s absolutely the smoothest thing you’ve ever seen. I am dead serious. No lumps. I mean it. You won’t have to sift the powdered sugar if you just cream the butter and cream cheese.
2. Add the ingredients in order as listed on the recipe card. You’ll get a lumpy mess of frosting. It’s gross. Trust me.
3. Use white vanilla to get whiter cream cheese. If you use classic vanilla, you’ll still have an ivory color frosting. If it doesn’t bother you, go for your brown vanilla. It tastes just as good!
4. This recipe (I believe) covers a 2-layer 8″ cake. Cut it in half for cupcakes or a small cake.
16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
4 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
2. Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until incorporated. Add in vanilla.
3. Store at room temperature in an air tight container.