One of my favorite holiday traditions was baking things with my mom. I loved helping her in the kitchen with all the treats for the Christmas parties and the holiday parties. I know she loved it, too. I remember watching her make all the different treats and her showing me the best techniques to make it easy and stress-free.
1-2 packages of Ritz crackers
1 jar of peanut butter
1 lb of either chocolate or white chocolate (vanilla) almond bark
1. Cover several cookie sheets with wax paper. Set aside.
2. Using a rubber spatula gently spread peanut butter onto the flat side of a Ritz cracker. Place another Ritz cracker flat side down on top and gently press together making a sandwich. Continue doing this until you have made a desired number of cracker sandwiches.
3. Place the cracker sandwiches in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. In a pot, melt your almond bark on low heat, making sure not to burn it. One cracker sandwich at a time, gently place into the chocolate and coat. Using a fork, pick up the sandwich from the bottom and gently tap the excess almond bark off. Slide onto the wax paper.
5. Continue until all cracker sandwiches are coated. Once the coating is completely dry, coat each cracker sandwich a second time following the first step’s intruction. Let the bark set completely.
5. If you choose to make both chocolate and white chocolate, use the left over bark to make a decorative drizzle on each cracker sandwich. Let the cracker sandwiches set before storing in an airtight container.