I’m excited to repost this recipe with new photos and adjustments to the recipe to make it better than before! So without further ado, I’m reintroducing: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Snickerdoodle Cookie Sandwiches!
It’s a mouth full both verbally and literally! But it’s totally worth ever single utterance of the word.
You get this super soft and cinnamon-sugary Snickerdoodle cookie that’s just too good by itself. Then you take this creamy pumpkin cream cheese filling and sandwich it in between TWO snickerdoodle cookies! Hello! You can’t beat that!
The snickerdoodle recipe is easy. It has your basic ingredients in it: Butter, sugar, flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Then it’s coated in a perfect cinnamon-sugar ratio: 1/4 C granulated sugar + 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon. I actually keep a container of cinnamon-sugar in my baking cabinet so I always have it on hand and don’t have to measure it out every time I make a recipe that calls for cinnamon-sugar. Not surprising: I use A LOT of cinnamon-sugar!
The pumpkin cream cheese filling is a great combination of cream cheese, pumpkin puree, light brown and granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. It’s just enough spice to taste the flavor of pumpkin pie in your cookie sandwich without overpowering the snickerdoodle cookie!
So, now that this recipe has been re-edited, the photos have been redone (thank goodness! my previous ones were embarrassing!), and it has been successfully judged by a multitude of people, I can now easily say that this is one of the best cookie sandwiches ever!
- For the cookie –
- 1 C butter, room temperature
- 1 + 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 + 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon and 3 tsp white sugar for rolling
- For the filling –
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 C light brown sugar
- 1/8 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
For the cookie –
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. Whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl and slowly incorporate into the butter mixture.
4. Chill the dough for 20-30 min. Roll into tablespoon size balls and then toss in the cinnamon/sugar mixture, coating evenly. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
For the filling –
Cream the cream cheese and pumpkin until fluffy. Add in sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until fully combined and no lumps remain. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Making the Sandwich –
Fill a gallon size Ziploc bag with the filling. Cut the tip of the corner off and pipe the filling onto the flat side of the cookie. Place another cookie on top, flat side down.