Another great recipe brought to you by pumpkin! These are just the best little treats to whip up and take anywhere, whether it be a party, a staff meeting, or into your mouth.
Tarts are a special dessert. There are almost like pies. Almost. The crust is very crunchy and sweet similar to a shortbread cookie. The filling is creamy, full of pumpkin spice flavors. You can eat them plain, with whipped cream, or even whip up a buttercream! Regardless of what you top it with, you are gonna love it.
The crust is the same as the Dulce de Leche tarts. I found it on Smitten Kitchen, a food blog I just love. However, if you are in a pinch, you can make them with refrigerated pie crusts, and they will be equally good. If you use pie crusts, consider them to be more like tiny pies. Like I said earlier, a tart crust is more crunchy and shortbread-like. Once you have your crust handled, then you fill it with a pumpkin filling. Bake it for around 15-20 minutes, let it cool, top it (or don’t) and serve! What a perfect fall treat.
- 1 pkg Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1 + 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 C canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 C whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cupcake tin and set aside.
2. Roll out the pie crust and cut out 24 circles. They should be the same size as the top of the cupcake tin. Place the pie crusts into the cupcake tins, gently pressing down to make a shell. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until well combined. Pour 1-2 teaspoons of pumpkin mixture into the tart shells.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkin pie filling is matte and the crusts are a golden brown. Let cool in the cupcake tins.