This is not a trick. This is ingenious. Mini. Cinnamon. Buns. Takes all of 15 minutes. Great for a make-ahead breakfast, a brunch dish, a wedding shower dish, or whatever excuse you can come up with to make them!
I really feel no need to explain this recipe. It’s so simple, it’s 6 ingredients. Crescent roll dough, melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon make up the cinnamon rolls themselves. Powdered sugar whisked with some half & half makes the glaze. That’s it! You’re done! One messy bowl, one messy mini cupcake pan, and one messy cutting mat. Dishes are done before they even come out of the oven!
- Rolls –
- 1 – 8oz tube crescent roll dough
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Icing –
- Dash of half & half
- 3/4 C powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to the temperature on your container of crescent rolls. Spray 16 tins of a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. To make the mini cinnamon rolls: Roll out half of the dough (4 triangles) and close up the seams.
3. Brush with 1 tbsp melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, the amount of your choosing. Roll into a log and cut into 8 equal rolls.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 with the other half of the crescent roll dough. Place 16 rolls into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the rolls are lightly browned. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and spoon icing over top each roll.
6. To make the icing: Stir powdered sugar and half&half with a fork until no sugar lumps appear in the glaze. Spoon over rolls.