Alright. We hear it all the time. This is the best chocolate chip cookie ever! Ever! EVER! They may be right. But as a real lover of all things cookie… I think the variety of chocolate chip cookie recipes is just fantastic! Sometimes I want a crunchy cookie, sometimes I want a soft cookie, sometimes I want a three-different-kinds-of-chocolate cookie, sometimes I want a cookie that is not the same one I make all the time.
Does this make sense? It does to me!
So this recipe is that indulgent soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie that is wonderful straight out of the oven. No crunch involved, this cookies is thick and sweet and full of chocolate chips.
- 2 + 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 + 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 C light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C chocolate chips
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter and both sugars until it’s mixed well. Whisk in the egg and egg yolk, then the vanilla.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Chill in the fridge for at least 1/2 an hour.
5. Take the dough out of the fridge and let soften for a few minutes. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place a Silpat or parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.
6. Using a small cookie dough scoop, roll the dough into balls and place about 2 inches apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes. Let cool on the cookies sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.