I mentioned in a previous post about the Oklahoma State Fair cookie jar contest and how I had themed cookies in the jar that represented all the delicious foods at the state fair. This is another one! It represents the deep fried Oreo that is probably the fattiest thing AT the fair. As a matter of fact, I had it just last week. It was amazing.
So this cookie is a cream cheese cookie batter with an Oreo crust. It’s crunchy on the edges and chewy on the inside. The Oreos are just delightful and the cookie is just plain good. The contrasting textures and flavors make this an overall great cookie to make for the chocolate lover without having to trial and error a million chocolate cookie recipes. (I still haven’t found a great one, or chocolate cake either! One day!)
|Fried Oreo Goodness!|
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C mini chocolate chips
- 1 C Oreos, crumbled (about 10-12 Oreos)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until well combined.
3. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until ingredients are well combined. Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
4. Using a food processor, chop the Oreo cookies into crumbs and pour into a wide-mouth bowl. Scoop the dough into 1″ balls and roll in Oreo cookie crumbs so cookie is completely covered. Place cookies on the cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
5. Cool on the pan for two minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.