You can never go wrong with lemon. If you scroll through my recipes, you’ll see about 4-5 different lemon recipes, and I’ve only been blogging for a year!
This is really a great recipe, and apparently originating from Paula Deen. It’s like a mixture between cake and cookie with a wonderfully citrus-y glaze on top.
1 (10.25 oz) box of yellow cake mix
1 (3.4 oz) box instant lemon flavored pudding mix
4 large eggs
¾ cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a mini cupcake pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and the ¾ cup oil. Beat for two minutes.
4. Spoon 1 tbsp of the batter into each cupcake tin and bake for 12 minutes.
5. Turn the cakes over onto a cloth towel.
6. In a medium bowl, mix together the confectioner’s sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, the three tablespoons of oil, and the water. Mix until smooth.
7. Dip the cakes into the glaze then place on a wire rack to set.