I feel like you can’t go wrong with cookies. I’m pretty sure I’ve never baked a bad cookie. This one was something different for me, however. I have a tendency to stick with semi-sweet chocolate recipes and not stray far. That’s because they taste so darn good! Original recipe found here.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with silpats or parchment or lightly grease.
2. In a small bowl whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.
3. In a separate, large mixing bowl or in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment beat butter on low speed. Add both sugars and beat on medium 3 – 4 minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. On low speed slowly add the flour mixture. Once well combined use a wooded spoon to stir in the chocolate chips, pretzels and cranberries.
5. Place tablespoons of the dough in mounds on the cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges and set in the center.
6. Cool on wire racks. Store in tightly covered containers in a cool, dry place up to 1 week.