You guys. I am by no means a fan of ginger. But I must say, this recipe was a success. Everyone who tried it loved it, and I did, too!
1 box spice cake mix
½ C vegetable oil
3 ½ C milk
6 -1 oz. squares Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate
2 boxes chocolate instant pudding
32 oz Cool Whip topping (4 containers)
½ – 1 C crushed ginger snap cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil. Place in a greased 9 x 13 in pan and back for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, microwave 2 cups milk and 4 chocolate squares in a large microwaveable bowl for 4 minutes. Whisk until chocolate is melted and will blended. Add remaining milk and dry pudding mixes. Stir 2 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled; approximately 3 hours.
4. One the cake is cooled; cut into cubes. Place half into a large bowl. Cover with half the pudding mixture, then half the Cool whip. Repeat the process. Refrigerate until chilled.
5. When trifle is completely chilled, top with crushed ginger snap cookies and chocolate curls from the two remaining squares of chocolate.