I’m really proud of myself on this one. I actually thought of this all by myself! The only thing I took from the original recipe is that the bell peppers had cute little pumpkin faces!
My great grandmother would be proud.
Now someone out there might like the original recipe way better than mine. Who knows? But I don’t eat red meat, nor have I ever really like ground beef, so I chose to change mine up a bit. Okay, a lot.
- 3 orange bell peppers
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 C water, for chicken
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp Sriracha chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 C of quinoa
- 1 C of water, for quinoa
- A dash of salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the quinoa as directed on the box, using 1/2 C quinoa and 1 C water.
2. Cook the chicken thoroughly and shred into pieces.
3. In the same pan with the chicken, add 1/4 C water, tomato, onion, garlic, chili powder, chili garlic sauce. let simmer until water has been cooked out.
4. Mix in cooked quinoa.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet.
6. Cut jack-o-lantern faces out of the bell peppers. Cut off the top and de-seed the peppers. Let them soften in the oven for 5 minutes.
7. Take the peppers out of the oven and stuff them with your chicken/quinoa mixture. Place the top back on and bake for another 10 minutes.