Holy Cannoli! (Get it??) I can NOT get over these! Maybe I’m part Italian, I don’t know, but wow! These aren’t traditional Cannoli’s, they are baked instead of fried, so it’s a little bit healthier (or at least less clogged artery inducing). I’ll openly admit that I’m still obsessed, a probably always will be, with Pinterest. Of course, I found the recipe on there.
- 2 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Flour for dusting surface
- 1 – 15 oz. container of whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Prepare filling by combining all ingredients except chocolate chips in a bowl with an electric mixer. Place in a one-gallon freezer bag and refrigerate.
3. Roll out pie crusts and sprinkle each all over one side with sugar and cinnamon. Roll over dough with rolling pin gently to push cinnamon and sugar into the pie crust.
4. Using a biscuit cutter, cut out circles in the dough.
5.Lightly press the circles into ungreased cupcake pans to form a pastry cup. Gently prick the bottoms on the cups with a fork so that they don’t rise too much in the oven!
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and once cool, fill with cream.
7. Cut off a small part of the corner of the plastic bag to fill cups. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and dust with powdered sugar.