So even though I’ve come back to the surface of the earth and will eat some sugar and gluten again, my poor boyfriend still has to live a miserable life of no sugar and no gluten. He chooses to live this way, so whatever floats his boat!
I was feeling generous (it happens every once in a while), and came across one of my favorite blogs new recipe, which is gluten, sugar, and everything free.
1/4 C + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 C coconut oil, melted
3-4 tbsp liquid sweetener, such as agave
tiny pinch salt
optional (and highly recommended): 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
1. Combine first three ingredients in a bowl and stir until it makes a chocolate sauce.
2. Pour a little of the sauce (saving the rest for later) into the bottoms of cupcake liners or mini cupcake liners. Freeze 8-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, blend (or mash and stir with a fork) the banana, salt and optional ingredients.
4. Take liners out of the freezer and top each with banana mixture.
5. Evenly distribute the rest of the chocolate and re-freeze until solid.