My friend Sarah posted this delicious gluten-free vegan recipe and I just HAD to try it!
So, the new thing these days is to go gluten-free. I’ve been trying it, because lately I’ve had some health problems, and I’m trial-and-erroring what makes me feel better and worse. Not eating a lot of gluten really does make me feel better. Not eating a lot of sugar or grease has also helped.
Sarah uploaded this pie, and the secret ingredient is something we all know somehow. Whether it be hummus, garbanzo beans, or chick peas; we all know about it. I was skeptical while I was making this, because I could totally smell the bean smell. But when it came out of the oven, I mean WOW!
- 2 cans white beans or garbanzos (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp oil (canola, veg, or coconut)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a food processor, combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Once thoroughly blended, mix in the chocolate chips.
3. Place in a well greased 9″ baking dish, or a 10″ spring form pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.