Good afternoon my lovely blogging foodies! I have come here today to announce that I am in love with biscottis. I bought some and fell in love with them! So I decided to brave making my own. I’m usually nervous about baking things that are out of my comfort zone but they turned out easier than expected!
I just simply Googled this recipe and went to work!
- 2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) COLD butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Lemon
- White chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking tray, or using a jelly roll pan.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the two eggs, vanilla, and milk. Zest your lemon until it’s white, and squeeze in half of the lemon juice into the mixture. Whisk again.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix together well with a sifter or whisk. Take the butter and cut into chunks and mix it in with the flour mixture with your hands until it’s crumbly. Once you’ve done this, create a well in your flour and pour in your egg mixture. Stir this mixture with a wooden spoon until it’s too hard to mix.
4. Use your hands and knead it into a ball. Transfer your mixture on to a floured surface and roll it into a log. Put the dough onto the baking sheet and flatten it into a large oval shape.
5. Place it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut the biscotti in 3/4 inch sections. After you cut it, place it back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t over bake.
Melt the white chocolate and dip the bottom of the biscotti’s. Lay on wax paper until dry.