Guys and gals, welcome to the best page you will ever have come across if you are a pizza fan.
I am just shocked at how delicious this turned out. Shocked and EXCITED!
I came across this recipe on none other than Pinterest. My goodness I just love Pinterest so much. I don’t know if anyone has this much love for a social media site. It just feeds my every desire of color, organization, collection, food… It’s just so good.
At first I was skeptical, as I usually am when it comes to gluten-free baking. But let me just say, it’s magical. I recently went on a diet to get rid of some extra fluff, so I stopped eating processed sugar and gluten. This became tedious and mundane, so I began to look up recipes with unique substitutions for both. It’s so much fun! I never thought some of these things could be so delicious, and HEALTHY!
This recipe is so easy, I read it about 5 times before I started making it, just to make sure that I was doing it right.
1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp garlic salt
olive oil (optional)
1. To rice cauliflower: Using a cheese grater, grate the cauliflower down to the stems.
2. Place it into a microwave safe bowl and cook it for 8 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
4. Take 1 cup of the cooked cauliflower, and mix in the mozzarella and the egg. Add in the herbs and press it into a greased lipped pan. I used a small 8″x10″ jelly roll pan. Brush it will olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Take it out of the oven and add preferred toppings. I used cooked chicken breast, half of a red bell pepper, a little bit of feta cheese, pizza sauce, spinach leaves, and topped it with mozzarella.
6. Put the pizza back in the oven with all the toppings and cook on broil for 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.