Hello to all my blogging fans!
I hate to break it to the dessert lovers, but I am currently on an experimental diet to see if I can get rid of this nasty cellulite under my butt. (I know we all have it, but I’m going to try to get rid of it!) With that being said, I can no longer eat starches. So there went all the desserts I love baking. I’m sure this diet won’t last long, so hang in there! I’ve got some fabulous cupcake recipes I am dying to try!
I ran across this delicious recipe and got really excited. I looooove black beans, and CILANTRO! My favorite. My absolute favorite. So I whipped this up, but of course a little bit differently than the original recipe.
- 1 can of black beans, save 1/2 the can of liquid
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced*
- 1/3 c. red onion, chopped
- 1 scallion (green onion), chopped
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 – 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Avocados can be expensive depending on the season. You can also use store bought guacamole or opt out.
Chop the tomato, avocado, red onion, scallion, and cilantro. Place them in a bowl with the black beans and corn. Add the lime juice, and salt and pepper if you wish. Mix it up and serve with tortilla chips.