So, I went on a whim and baked TWO lemon cookie recipes!
This one was from scratch however, and I was in a rush because I was running to class at the last minute of baking. So I didn’t get to finish baking these, and I will when I get home tonight!
I ran across this on Pinterest of course, so I grabbed the recipe for this site and starting baking!
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar for coating
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease light colored baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again. Stir in salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour slowly until just combined.
3. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. Pour powdered sugar into a large bowl. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
4. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.