Snickerdoodle! I’ve been craving these for days. I came across a pretty delicious recipe at AllRecipes and decided to make them since I haven’t baked sweets in quite a while.
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 1/2 c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Using a wooden spoon, cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 c. sugar, eggs, and vanilla. In another bowl sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
4. In a small bowl, mix together 2 tbsp. sugar and 2 tbsp. cinnamon.
5. Using a cookie scoop, roll the dough into balls and then coat in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove immediately from baking sheets and let cool.